Welcome to UCSD #6 Health Services
Healthy Students Are Better Learners
Health is essential to optimal learning. Health Services are available to all students within Uinta County School District #6. We have 2 district registered nurses who strive to maximize each student's potential by removing health-related barriers to learning. When meeting the student's health needs during the school day, our registered nurses also use the opportunity to teach students to make wise choices that will be beneficial to their future health. The following are the primary responsibilities of the school nurse:
- Provide acute and emergency health care
- Assess students' health to identify and address health-related obstacles to learning
- Maintain health office preparedness for potential crises
- Develop and implement Individualized Health Plans and 504 Plans to reduce impact of chronic and episodic health conditions upon academic achievement
- Administer medications
- Train additional personnel to administer medications safely so that students with medical needs can participate in extracurricular school activities
- Screen students’ vision and hearing
- Provide medical care that allows medically-challenged students to attend school (i.e. trachea care, catheterization, G-tube feedings and wound care)
- Prevent contagious illness and injuries through surveillance and implementation of appropriate precautionary measures
- Maintain state mandated immunization records and other health assessment data
- Assist families to locate health resources in their community
- Educate individuals and groups about health issues in order to increase their health literacy.
Parents and guardians can obtain frequently requested documents from their school health room or from the links above.